* The 25 Year Guarantee was introduced in June 2016.
- This is a non insurance backed guarantee which is self funded by C2C UK Warranty Limited (Company number 10084297) which has its registered office at Ground Floor, 73 Liverpool Road, Crosby, Merseyside, L235SE (Guarantor).
- This Guarantee covers glass double glazing units (Units) which have been supplied and installed within the United Kingdom by franchisees (Franchisees) operating under “Cloudy2Clear” franchise operated as franchisor by Cloudy2Clear UK Limited.
- Subject to the other terms of this Guarantee, the Guarantor undertakes to replace (including installation) free of charge any defective Unit supplied and installed by any Franchisee with which this Guarantee has been offered provided that the defect is notified in writing to the Guarantor within a period of 25 years from the date of installation.
- This Guarantee covers only the glass in any Unit and does not cover any hardware supplied with or attached to any unit (such as handles, locks, fixings etc).
- This Guarantee covers any defects in glass materials with the exceptions stated below:
a. Damage occurring by way of natural disasters;
b. Theft of a Unit;
c. Vandalisation/criminal activity in relation to a Unit;
d. Any occurrence of thermal stress;
e. Accidental damage;
f. Fair wear and tear;
g. Damage caused or made worse by any misuse of the Unit or failure to maintain the Unit in accordance with any recommendations provided or made available by the Franchisee at or around the time of installation;
h. Minor cosmetic issues such as fading of colour.
i. Cracks in the glass unless within 4 weeks of fitting.
- All installation works shall be carried out by such person as is nominated by the Guarantor. Replacement of the Unit is conditional upon you providing such access as is reasonably required at a reasonable time to undertake such replacement.
- The Guarantor will use reasonable endeavours to match any replacement to the relevant Unit as nearly as possible however an exact replacement may not be possible, for example where a Unit is no longer produced or available on commercially reasonable terms. The Guarantor reserves the right to repair or replace or use new or refurbished replacement units, at the Guarantor’s discretion.
- Glass used in Units may have minor imperfections. The Guarantor shall not be obliged to replace any such glass that would not be covered by warranty of the glass manufacturer. In the event of a dispute, the standards of blemish acceptability as laid down by the Glass and Glazing Federation shall be used.
- You may not transfer this Guarantee to any person. This Guarantee is personal to you.
- You have statutory rights in relation to goods supplied by the Franchisee (including the Unit). This Guarantee does not affect your legal rights in relevant to faulty or misdescribed products.
- In the event of a claim please click HERE. Please be aware that a claim can only be processed once the customer has uploaded a completed copy of their guarantee and invoice whilst filling in the online claim form.